– Back in Atlanta for the holidays.
– Hacking on procedural content generation.
- continues to dissect Deep Q Learning application
- continue to read up on android development
- finished reading up presentation on Deep Q Learning
- trying to interpret bitstream from unknown audio
– looking for nextstep videos
– playing with amethyst.app (xmonad-like app for mac os x )
– prototyped Codeless debugging user interface
– searched how to create Google Cloud Platform projects from the command-line
– worked on looking through Amazon Web Services API documentation
– started work on sample clinch app
Everyone discussed Lisp and the inherent complexity of modern software development.
Also discussed the possibility of creating a Esoteric programming languages meetup.
Since Last Time –
– got his test suite again
– registered for microcorruption
– planned for GDG talk coming up 04/15
Plan This time –
– make a test transmitting your state from a listener to the server
– go through tutorial on microcorruption embedded CTF debugging environment.
– did circuit design
– played nethack
– finishing taxes
- writing simple Golang GXUI program that will create gxui window
- making tests pass for schema changes
- showed microcorruption.com : an Embedded security CTF that can be played online
- was looking into getting Clojure up and running on his desktop
- got xmonad running on Ubuntu
– playing a lot of roller derby, bruised in interesting ways
– preordered a drum machine on the internet (by teenage engineering)
– learning about common lisp
– reading CL-PPCRE and Ironclad source code to get an idea of good CL style
– game jammed last weekend: Team of Jams: MMXV
– tonight: trying to make a Mac .app of the game, but stymied
– trying to make sense of the data he compiled about his health and diet
– ordered stationary for getting married
– fixed a bug in his ray/voxel traversal code
30 Dec 2014 – Octane
Since Last Time-
Stuart – spent a lot of time reviewing papers, lots of very incremental research that should be tech report.
Vinny – trying to understand protocol buffers, a bin serialization format pop by Google (and in Common Lisp)
Mark – worked on NodeGraph editor, looked at Mohlenkamp (sum of separable function decom)
Jordan – made Rollerderby team, learning Ember – framework for JS frontends – angular- one big request and lots of little API updates, still in flux.
Rob – built an Arduino thing with a knob – Metropolis scene where the human responds to the clock, digital counter to count number of times. always something else to respond to. learned soldering and Arduino.
Xana – new!, learning pastry chef, have done puppet shows, and crafts and arch knowledge
Diana – sold a scarf, had the flu, learned how to knit.
Graham – finished subjective mosaicing audio experiment, did lots of plots of the data.
Plan this Time-
Xana – working on script for show that will debut in April (Lina und die Sperlinge).
Mark – play in Mathematica with function approximation. sketched curves that he drew will be approximated.
Vinny – gonna serialize and find a schema for image data and image data requests.
Jordan and Rob – draw dogs Tuesday with Paper (mac). Brian Lee makes comics proclaimed it.
Graham – trying brutal optimization on score building process. when making score, consider only local neighborhoods of parameters, when making new tracks, try a sampled subset of source positions.
mark suggests progressive rendering (first patches of pixels, then images)
Stuart – matlab issues, how to code pitch-synchronous overlap and add.
Diana – working on website and social media
Mark – didn’t get func approx., has a transformation, add a wiggle to it. copying velocity and rotating velocity by a sine curve
Stuart – listened to music and reviewed Hamiltonian mechanics – why? entropy is fascinating and mechanics answers it.
Jordan and Rob – fashion dog is one of 8 dogs (4 each), will send fashion dog
Diana – changed the design of website, erased text, tweeted about Splinter and vegan taxidermy
Xana – added two written songs to the script, wrote 4 scene descriptions, organized the script by color
Graham – introduced stubs for computing a square subset of correlations.
Vinny – figured how to do union types to have one message for (update/data). protocol buffers don’t really have official union type, just optional fields. have to enforce that only one thing is set (or new feature: only one)
– made a ronnie james dio lyrics generator
– writing shaders for gpu programming class
– making prototypes of level designs for a game about a robot
– writing more llvm
– learning phi nodes and SSA form
– writing Unity code for robot motion in a game prototype
– – robot picks up items in the world and gains abilities from them
– hard drive failure :'(
– was planning to learn some haskell tonight
– learning llvm
– walking through “IR is better than assembly”